Job Vacancy: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Company: Ava Ocean
Location: Ulsteinvik/Ålesund, Norway
Deadline for applications: 23. October 2023
Type of position: Full-time
About the job:
Our technical department in Ulsteinvik are looking for a driven Senior Mechanical Engineer to join the team working on our revolutionary seabed harvesting solutions.
In Ava Ocean we are on a mission to change the way we harvest seafood from the seabed, enabling revitalisation of ocean ecosystems and sustainable access to nutritious and delicious seafood resources on the seabed.
We operate a successful fishery using our harvesting technology in Norway and our engineers are now working to expand our solutions to new markets and species.
What the role entails:
• Perform mechanical engineering in subsea and vessel topside configurations
• Act as package responsible engineer (PRE) incl. bid evaluation, supplier coordination and follow-up, coordination of internal disciplines
• interaction with procurement and client, testing and mechanical completion activities
• Multidiscipline coordination with project team
• Development of vessel rebuilds
• Participate in testing and installation of equipment
• You will be responsible for heavy rotating equipment in all phases of projects(studies, FEED's and execution) which included the following tasks;
• Evaluate rotating equipment technology
• Equipment selection and configuration incl. driver selection studies
• Write specifications
• Multidiscipline cooperation
What we are looking for:
• Excellent team work capabilities
• Detailed knowledge of relevant design standards
• Solution oriented with good communication and collaboration skills
• Knowledge of relevant DNV and Norwegian Seafaring rules, regulations and standards
• Excellent English and/or Norwegian language skills
• Relevant professional qualitfications and university education
Please submit your application with CV and covering letter to Bjorn Roppen:
Questions about the role can also be emailed to the same address.